The final project in the tutorials from the Web Development Bootcamp was to make the RGB Color Guessing Game. This is a great mixture of DOM manipulation as well as working with various data structures, functions, and logic.
For your final review, I’d like you to rebuild this game with a slight twist. You’re going to make this into a guess the Font Awesome Icons guessing game. I’ve pre-built the HTML/CSS for the new game, as well as an array of all the free solid icon names. With this have your game do the following:
- Select six names at random from the list of names and have them become the six icons displayed to choose.
- Randomly select one of the six and set that as the answer.
- The remaining interactions of the color game should prevail
- Selected incorrect answers become hidden and “Try Again” is displayed.
- Have the correct selected answer replace all icons as well as “You got it!” is displayed
- “New Game” resets the game. “Hard” has a game of six icons. “Easy” has a game of three icons.
- To publish on your server:
- Quick link to a compressed directory of the icon-game boilerplate